Saturday, September 13, 2008

Sad News

I'm sorry guys. I'm sure you don't want to here this, but I'm going to be a bit delayed with today's post. Yesterday we found out that one of my husband's cousin's had passed away. This was very unexpected since she is only a couple of years older than him. Her death was very unexpected, as they usually are for those so young. Once she started to feel sick she waited until she couldn't stand it anymore to go to the hospital. She died a week later. She was diagnosed with cirrous of the liver. Yes she was a heavy drinker, and to see it take someone so young is heartbreaking. I personally did not know her that well and can not tell you the type of person she was. But still this is a subject that so much more education needs to be done. Especially for our young highschoolers. What starts out as fun and become such a dangerous habit.

Well, I don't want to make this such a depressing post. We're getting ready to leave for the funeral now. We learned late of her death. It's one of those things where everyone thought that someone else told. But we happened to call Evan's mother last night and she told us. We'll be taking her to the funeral with us. I'll try to make my freebie post tonight after we get back, but it may be delayed until tomorrow. I'm sorry to delay this again, but I just didn't have any other choice. Thanks for understanding.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Monica, Sorry to hear about the news.

Anonymous said...

Oh I'm so sorry to hear the news...